Thursday, March 10, 2011

Introducing......

Like all my patterns, this is a very versatile little purse.

It can be made with silk and synthetic fabrics for bridal or evening wear or with cute cotton, for a daytime look. These two fabric groups require different interfacings, so we have a SILK kit and a COTTON Kit, available NOW! For those of you who already have yardage of the interfacings (and perhaps a frame or two), you might prefer the PATTERN ONLY option.


The kits contain the pattern, instructions, frame and interfacings - enough to get you started with your first purse (and with the pattern and know-how for many more!).

The instructions include how to make a draped layer with pleats or gathers and how make the purse as a clutch, wristlet or handbag. There are a lot of purses to be made with this kit!!

So... (in case you didn't follow the links above).... What's it called?



Shell. Yes... a few of you got the name right. My random number generator (ie. "Pick a number between 1 and 6...") chose Kathy P as the winner of a kit.

Many thanks to my fabulous pattern-testers. You can see some of my testers versions here, here, and here. (Nikki, Adele and Alison, if you have a link, please send it!).

11 comments:

Kate said...

Hooray and congratulations on the release of the new purse!! I LOVE it. I'm still a bit embarrassed at my name guess!! I can't wait to go and check out the other testers and see how they look in the different styles and fabrics.

Serena said...

It is so perfect--in form and name!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh so pretty & so many options. Love Posie

Fer said...

Of course it's the Shell Purse! How could I be so blind... :-)

Tanya said...

Another pearler from you. Pearl/ Shell...get it?!

seabreezequilts said...

i shouldn't be buying this I am going away for a sewing weekend and I need the cash but I just have to have it, don't ask me when I will get it done but I have to have the pattern NOW. Love it Nikki.

Fiona said...

Beautiful purse, Nikki! I may just have to treat myself to the pattern as a reward for ... umm, well never mind, sure I'll think of something!! Once I get moved in and have my sewing machine back, I'll be ordering this one!

CurlyPops said...

It was fun being the random number generator!
Congrats on a lovely new pattern!

Anonymous said...

I love this "Shell" bag. Just yummy.

Jodie said...

I saw Annies in the flesh and it really is a beautiful design , one of my favourite purses Nikki...

Kathy P said...

Thanks Nikki! Don't know why your email didn't come thru, but I just got your message. Do you still have my address? Or should I send it to you? Again - thanks! I'm thrilled to win this kit!
Kathy.